Sunday, July 1, 2012

Sunday Dinner - Country Ribs

It's Sunday, and at my house, that means Sunday dinner. Even though it's just me and my husband, I love to take the time on Sunday afternoons to put together a nice spread. I'm doing some country ribs, mac n' cheese, and broccoli.


The oven rib method is pretty universal; you can do just rub, just sauce, or both. I'm doing both.

The Rub (for 1.25 lb of country style pork ribs):

1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper






Mix the spices together and coat the outside of the meat. Bake uncovered in a 325 degree oven for 90 minutes, then add sauce if desired. Mine is composed of ketchup, mustard, molasses, liquid smoke, cumin, garlic salt, and well...Arby's sauce. It's a long story. See, two Christmases ago Hubby got me an industrial-sized box of Arby's sauce packets. On its own, I find it too salty, so I use it as a component. I can't give any specific amounts of anything, I didn't really measure. You can use your favorite store bought sauce, or look online for some great regional sauce recipes.
Anyways...
Pour the sauce over the ribs and bake uncovered at 375 for another 60-90 minutes.

For the mac and cheese, see "Cheese Sauce" in the June archives. Mix sauce with cooked pasta, top with a thin layer of shredded cheese, then a thin layer of breadcrumbs, then drizzle a little butter on top. You can slide it in right next to your ribs and let it bake at 375 for 30 minutes.

For the broccoli, I just steamed it for 5 minutes until it was bright green. Sitting next to the mac and cheese, it really doesn't need anything on it...Maybe a little salt. :)










No comments:

Post a Comment