Thursday, April 30, 2015

Grandma's Book - Beer Margaritas

For decades, my grandmother has been collecting recipes and saving them in binders. Unfortunately, in her old age she can no longer get around very well, let alone cook anything. 
I see her often, and we talk about everything, including cooking and recipes. Yesterday, she told me I could take her recipe binders home and keep them.
I am honored to have this privilege. 
I have flipped through them a few times, looking for things to try. When I saw the beer margaritas recipe, I smiled. I remember her being very excited about it; I think I was 18, and at 18 I was old enough to have a drink at family gatherings. Originally from Rachael Ray, this is an easy and delicious recipe that's perfect for Cinco de Mayo, taco night, or anytime. 

 
Beer Margaritas

4 12oz bottles of Mexican beer, like Corona
8oz tequila
1 12oz can frozen limeade concentrate
Lime wedges and salt to garnish

Combine beer, tequila, and limeade in a pitcher. Stir and serve with lime and salt.

Thanks Grandma. 



No comments:

Post a Comment