Saturday, August 11, 2012
Top 10 Reasons to Make Homemade Bread
10. Honor your heritage! No matter where you come from, your ancestors made bread the old fashioned way.
9. It's fun! At least, I think it's fun. ;)
8. It's easy! It requires very few ingredients and little technical skill.
7. It's cheaper than storebought! If you buy your ingredients in bulk, you will be eating fresh bread for pennies on the dollar.
6. The smell! Fresh bread smells amazing.
5. Impress your friends! When people find out about your baking abilities, they'll be saying "wow, I wish I could do that!"
4. Relieve stress! Kneading dough is very therapeutic.
3. Feel a sense of accomplishment! Baking is a skill, and perfecting it is an art. Be proud!
2. It's versatile! Once you master basic bread, you can use it for anything bread-related: Pizza, sandwiches, calzones, dinner rolls, breadsticks, cinnamon rolls, the sky is the limit.
1. Why not! You learned how to bake fresh bread; cross it off your list.
Find my recipe here!