Sunday, February 24, 2013

Pancake Batter Frying Adventure

...And, another thing to do with those generic hot dogs!

A few nights ago, I decided to make pancake batter and store it in the fridge overnight so that I could make pancakes in the morning. The next morning...I just wasn't hungry. So, the batter sat in the fridge for a couple days. While discussing with my husband what to eat for dinner, he suggested pigs in a blanket.

"Sure, I could make up some biscuit dough," I said.

"Well, don't we still have that pancake batter?" he asked.

"Pancake batter...?" I pondered. "You mean...dip hot dogs in pancake batter and fry them?"

"Sure, why not!" he cheerfully replied.

I weighed the possibilities. I still wasn't in the mood for a plate of hotcakes and the shelf life of my homemade batter was running out.

"...Okay, I'll give it a shot!"

...I had leftover batter so I did a couple brownies too. The hot dogs were heavy, definitely a small-dose special-occasion treat. I dipped mine in ketchup and mustard. The brownies were superb, they taste like a chocolate chip pancake. ;)


















It's as easy as it sounds. If you ever try this at home, here's a couple tips: Dip your item in batter, then flour, then batter. Don't get the oil too hot, this stuff browns quickly and burns in an instant if you're not careful. Don't use foods that are raw or frozen or need any amount of time to actually cook.

No comments:

Post a Comment