Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Stuffed Pasta Shells

This is an easy recipe that's perfect for picky eaters. I wanted to do something Italian with the shells, but hubby hates ricotta and to be perfectly honest it's not my favorite. Don't get me wrong, I like ricotta, it's just...
Not my favorite.
I kept it very simple, using just 3 ingredients for the filling. When you bite into these, you get the heavenly sensation of cream cheese!

Melt-In-Your-Mouth Stuffed Pasta Shells
makes 4 meals or 8 appetizers
8oz cream cheese, softened
8oz shredded mozzarella
1 egg
16 jumbo pasta shells
Your favorite red sauce

Preheat oven to 350.
In a bowl, combine the cheese and egg. Cover and chill while you cook the pasta. Cook the shells per package directions, drain open side down on paper towels. Stuff each shell with about 2 Tbsp of your cheese filling.
Pour a 1-inch layer of sauce into a 9x13 glass baking dish. Lay the shells on top. Bake for 40 minutes covered, 10 minutes uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment