Sunday, June 17, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies with Crisco

Happy Father's Day!
When Mom reminded me that Dad loves chocolate chip cookies, I thought, great! Then I realized, I don't have any butter! But, I have Crisco. After a little research, I did my own tweaking to the standard recipe. I figured the rule is this: If you must use Crisco instead of butter, use plenty of salt and use more brown sugar than white.

1 generous cup of flour
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup Crisco
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
1 cup chocolate chips








Preheat the oven to 350.
Personally, I like to mix the dough together by hand; that way I can feel if there are any clumps of brown sugar and squish them out. Fold the chips in last.
When you form these, make them tall. (wish I had remembered to take pictures during the process!) Make the dough about the size and shape of your thumb and stand them up on an ungreased cookie sheet. Just remember thumbs up and these will be thumbs up cookies. :)
Bake 12-15 minutes, until edges are just browning.

P.S. I learned a little more about photographing today. Don't use flash, brighten it in a photo editor!

No comments:

Post a Comment